Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Times When I Wish I Was Invisible: Invisible By Alison Moyet

It's bad that you had a tough day at work.  It gets worse when you go home only to fall victim to a sudden uproar.  You do your best to keep things in order and then this happens?  It makes me wish I could vanish.  This reminds me of the song "Invisible" by Alison Moyet.

I know this song was originally about being ignored to the point that you feel invisible.  Actually I was going to use this for a post to describe that feeling.  But after that blow-out yesterday, I actually WISHED that I WAS INVISIBLE.  Once again I became for the fall guy for someone else's mischief.  That was enough to put me in shut-down mode for the rest of the night.

I'm no saint but I don't want to be a martyr either.  I'll do what I can to make ends meet but it hurts when when it's not enough.  It drives me nuts when I find out somebody's doing something that will give more trouble.  Whether I like or not, I have to face the music.  Still, it would be great if I could really be invisible once in a while.

(P.S. For anyone who reads this, please discuss with me before bringing it up with anyone else.)





No comments: