Monday, May 14, 2012

Another Rare Find: Thin Red Line By Glass Tiger



As I've said before when a song catches my ear, I need to find out who sang it and that tells you how good that song is.  I remember after the ouster of Marcos, ABS CBN was once again back on air.  Since it didn't have much shows for it's initial broadcast, it would air a lot of music videos ( and a lot of good ones at that).  One video really caught my ear as well as my eye.  It was the "Thin Red Line"  by Glass Tiger.

It got my attention because I'm a history buff as well as a sucker for epic battle scenes. If what I heard is correct, the song is about a unit who fought in the Crimean War.  Anyway the imagery of the video as well as the powerful lyrics of the song really got to me.  I really like the part about the crimson and claymore which describes the bravery of the mean who fell at that battle.  One thing that I'm curious about is who the Mist Queen is and what's with the children putting flowers on the fallen soldiers as well as setting paper boats on fire?  

At a time when there music was about fun and partying,this was pretty deep.  I was sadden by the fact that this didn't get played on the radio.  It was  a great song and I hope the DJs at Rt and play this song one day.  It would be a shame if this song won't get heard because it's a classic. A truly rare find indeed.


No comments: