Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Night Cruises: Driver's Seat By Sniff'N The Tears






Well it's Saturday again and once again that sentimental feeling of the good old days is starting to creep up on me.   Man I miss the days when me and brothers and friends would just jump in the car and cruise just to look for something to do. Even when there was no gimmick in sight, the fact that we were together rolling down the highway was in itself an adventure as we took in the sights that the night had to offer.  No matter where we go, it was worth the trip.  Remember those days when we just drove around reminds me of the song "Driver's Seat" by Sniff'N The Tears.

Ah the freedom you felt when you hopped in to the car and just zoomed right out of the house.  What better to spend the Saturday Nights with your buds and bros as you checked out the sights with money you saved up for the weekend.  We either tried out some of the trendy night spots or watched a cheesy movie and laughed at how we wasted good dough on dumb film.  Sometimes we'd crashed into the friends house and partied till  the break of dawn.  When that was over, we sneaked back into the house as quietly as we could and have a ball the next day at how we spent the night.

Well those days are behind me now. I have my hands full at work and at home.  I guess that's what happens when you get older as responsibilities now dominate your time even on weekends.  Still when I see kids all dressed up and full of energy,  I smile cause it takes me back to the days when we did the same and enjoyed every moment of it.  Things sure a blast when you're at the driver's seat journeying to the unknown and having a great time doing it.




No comments: