Thursday, May 31, 2012

Need A Place To Chill: The River By Bruce Springsteen


Last Tuesday night was downer.  It was bad enough getting stressed at work only to come home to another explosion.  If that wasn't enough, another batch of bad news rolling that hit me real hard that it left glum and numb.  I couldn't sleep last night and find myself missing the old house because now there's no place to chill.  Wishing for such a place reminds me of the song "River" by Bruce Springsteen.

Back when things were great and my friends were around, there was always a place to chill.  A place where you can stay let it all out without the fear of being laughed at or ridiculed. A place where you feel safe and people were there to understand your plight.  When it's out of your system, you can go back and face the element renewed. Those were the days.

Sadly, there are no places to run to when things go bad.  Worse still, there's no one there to help you.  Sometimes I think this is all a bad joke that will fade out.  Sadly, it isn't and you have to face to the reality of it all.  I guess I have to take the spirit of that place to warm me during the hard times ahead.




No comments: