Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Missing The Good Times Spent In Summer: Seasons In The Sun By Terry Jackss




Last weekend, my brother invited the family to a graduation celebration and I saw how the kids were now that the school year was over and vacation time was finally here. For some reason it brings me back to days when you finished school and spent a great vacation with your friends. Things are going so great that you thought it would never end. Then winds get cooler and you start packing up your summer gear, that's when you know that its over but the memories of those times will always be with you. Remembering those great summers reminds me of the song "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jacks.

I know this song is more about death but in a way parting of season (especially a good one) can be considered death. I still about those days when we woke and either played or just went places all week long. Things got a little rowdier when we got older and we stayed longer at night slept late in the day. Whether we partied at home or in some friend's house, we partied to the fullest cause we know that two months go fast. So we gave it our all till the season ended because look back smiling that it was a good summer.

Now that I'm an adult, I have to admit I get when the summer months are here. This is because for kids, it was a time for them to party to the fullest and without a care. That's why when I see them getting excited and making plans for the summer, I can't help but get jealous because they get to do what they want to do and more importantly spend them with the gang while they're still intact. For me, me, the summer is now occupied by assignments and deadlines. All I got left are the memories of the great summers when the sun was at its peak.

No comments: