Monday, April 2, 2012

It's About Having Fun: In The Summer Time By Mungo Jerry




Well despite the crazy weather that we're having, it's definitely summer and today I am feeling the heat. No doubt that graduation has just finished, a lot of kids are probably burning their burning notebooks and are buying latest fashions for the summer. I have to admit when I see the kids get all excited with the summer reminds me of the good old days when the summer came and time stood still. If there was a lot that you had, it was time and it was spent just having a good time. That's that's summer is all about. When summer, I remember the Mungo Jerry's song "in The Summer Time".

Those who think that this was Shaggy's song should brush up on their music history. Anyway, I remember when I first heard this song it was during a hot summer night in the middle of the week. Let's just say that me and brothers were hanging out and since it was summer, there was no need for a curfew. Apart from that we were just taking a few brews and spouting a few jokes when this song starts playing on the radio. That was when my brother suddenly did comical square dance with a that weird look on his face. We all fell down laughing under the hot summer night and though there was no internet or cable, we nevertheless had a blast.

I guess my whole point is that no matter what we did in the summer, it was always fun. Even if we didn't have any money and had no where to go, something always came up and the day was well spent. I just hope that the kids today enjoy this summer and other summers till they step into the real world. Live everyday to the fullest and always do something that will it unique from other vacations. In the end, the summer is all about having fun.

No comments: