Saturday, April 30, 2011

Good Memories, Great Summers: Summer Of Love By Jefferson




When I see all this kids having as I make my way home, I have to admit I feel a little jealous because right now it's summer and they're having the time of their lives. Some are soaking at the beach whiles are cruising the night and looking for an adventure. I, on the other hand have to worry about making ends meet; making payments on the deadline as well as a lot of other stressful issues. Still, one good thing about seeing the kids having fun takes me back to the summers I enjoyed with my brothers and my friends where everyday was an adventure and the gang was all there. Remembering good times and cool summers reminds of the song "Summer Of Love" by Jefferson Airplane.

This song really brings me back to the great summers when the brew was cold and the company was warm. We'd party all day like it would never end and the best part about it was the fact that we met a lot of great people along the way. There was not a care in the world and the fun never seemed to stop. Then the awful reality dawns upon me that it's now just a memory and when that happens, I feel so old. Not a day goes by when I don't wish that I could back and relive those good times and see those great people again.

Whenever I hear this song, it goes up there with Eddie Money's "I Wanna Go Back" as the next best thing to a time machine for reliving the good times. Those were the days and as I listen to this song when the night comes, it really fill me with emotion as I miss those times and those guys. At least I was able to experience those times and the memories are still with me which is good enough. Sometimes I hear the laughter in the summer breeze when I feel sentimental. Great times and great summers; it still lives in me.

No comments: