Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Old Haunts: Terminal By Rupert Holmes




Do you ever had weird feeling whenever visiting former institutions that you were once apart of? Whether it's a former watering hole, a school, a club or a company that you used to frequent or were apart of, that sentimental feeling just starts to spread itself all over you for some reason. When you go there, it's really hard to enter because of all the times that you experienced in the past. Personally, that's how I feel when I return to the "old haunts". Whenever that feeling creeps up to me in those kinds of situations, the song "Terminal" by Rupert Holmes comes to mind.

The problem with me is that I always seem to burn my bridges once I cross over. Aside from that, when you've outgrown your stay in a place, I feel that it's time to move on. Most important of all, there were some experiences that really cut deep, prompting me to burn the bridge. Sure there were good times but in some cases, the bad outweighed the good, hence the reason why I close the chapter. As much as possible, I'd rather it stays closed.

Still, there are times when one has to go back when situations demand it. Like the character in the song, I too have reservations when I have to do so. Still, some bridges are worth crossing back to, especially when you've learned a lot from that place. Recently, I've been learning to reconcile myself with my past. I guess it's because the past is apart of me and I've got to come to terms with it.I'm not quite there yet but I'm learning.

No comments: