Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wish They Played This On Reel Tracks/Spaced Out But Doing Fine: Just Dropped In By Kenny Rogers And The First Edition




One of the new programs that are part of 24K Weekend is "Reel Tracks" hosted by Valentine. The show features songs taken from movies and television shows. I frequently request a lot of my favorite movie and television songs during this segment of 24K. A lot of times, I request for songs that are from the 70's or classic movies which are hard to find but still cool to listen to, giving the Dj's a difficult time in the process. One song that I wish they'd play is "Just Dropped" by Kenny Rogers And The First Edition.

This was played in a scene from the movie "The Big Lebowski" where the Dude was spaced out after having a spike dream. He then has a dream where he' with Maude Lebowski and playing bowling at the same time. When I see this scene, it reminds of all those wild parties that we have in the summer where we try to keep it together despite the fact that we can barely talk, let alone get up and walk. Those parties happened everyday and sometimes I wonder how we were able to survive such a liftestyle. I guess you'll try anything when your young.

I hope one day, they play this on Reel Tracks. I got hooked the first time I heard it and when I'm relaxing, I still listen to it. It's good song from a good movie. For those who didn't understand, you have to be in a certain "state of mind" to get it. When you do, then you'll get it.

No comments: