Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another One Of Those Songs That Make Me Feel Good And Do Anything: Sing By Mickey Thomas




As I've said over and over again, one of the reasons why I'm addicted to 24K Weekends is because apart from bringing all the memories back to life, they make me feel good. It's the best remedy for the blues and I'd rather listen to a 24K song than take a pill. They're also good motivators when you feel sluggish and lazy. Far better than Prozac if you ask me. One such song that has that kind of effect on me is "Sing" by Mickey Thomas.

This was taken from the soundtrack of the movie "Sing" back in 1989. I don't know why but for some reason I feel good when I hear it as well as believe that I can do anything. When there are just too many obstacles and not enough opportunities, it can sure be a real downer. In times like these, you really need to find some thing boost your spirits. This song fits the bill perfectly.

Too bad, we don't hear songs like these anymore. There's no originality and everybody's just copying and modifiying yesterday's style and music to claim it as their own. I wouldn't be surprised if the 90's would be re-hashed in few years time. These just don't make me feel good the way songs like these do. It really makes me feel like I can do anything when I hear it.

No comments: