Friday, April 23, 2010

Another Song That I Wish RT Would Play On 24K: Don't Run Wild By The Del Fuegos




Recently, 99.5 rt's 24K Weekend Program implemented a new rule and that's to have a playlist every week. They said that this is to ensure that no songs are played more than once or too often. I don't feel comfortable with that because 24K is the only time that people my age and my generation get to hear the music that we grew up with. As I've said before, RT played a lot of great and songs in its day and many have yet to be found. Another song that I hope 24K would play is "Don't Run Wild" by The Del Fuegos.

This was a real cool band that came out around 1985-86 which was the height of my high school summer vacation. They were a very cool band who played rockabilly type tunes which I never tired of hearing back then. I remember when a singer who sang about her sister mentioned them in her lyrics. I guess that means that they made an impact on the music scene. Man, I miss their songs.

You know before RT implemented this playlist scheme, I wish it would find all those rare hits that it used to play on the air back in the day. As I have said countless times, RT played hits that other radio stations did not which separates it from the rest. I wish RT would find these songs because they are worthy of being part of 24K. Good tunes are hard to find and this is one of the best. I hope they find this one as well.

No comments: