Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reminds Me Of Sun Burn/Not Very Keen On This Tune: Rock Lobster By The B-52s




I wouldn't be surprised if I were to ask some people if they prefer the beach or the mountains, they would choose the former. Well, this is a tropical country and for a lot of folks, they prefer soaking it up by seashore or the poolside than going to a cold area where you have to put thick clothing to protect yourself against the cold. Still, the hassle with the beach are the sand, over-exposure to the sun and being body-conscious. In the last part, I wouldn't be surprised if people will first hit the gym before hitting the beach. Anyway, when it comes to beach peeves and annoying tunes, the B52s' song "Rock Lobster" comes to mind.

As I have said before, I'm not a beach person. I never did like the idea of getting exposed to the sun's rays only feel like sombody set me on fire. You have to wait at least three days before your skin starts to cool and the pain goes away. After that, you start peeling off like a snake shedding its dead skin. Well, that's not my thing which is sad to say why I am not a beach person.

Another thing about this song is that it was not one of my favorite tunes when I was growing up. Every time thing song played, people started gyrating like they were shot with a tazzer gun. I know that you don't have to understand a song to enjoy and if it sounds good, then it is good. Sorry, but this one not only do I don't understand but it really isn't my thing. Well, different strokes for different folks.

No comments: