Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Only One Who Could Save You Is You (With A Little Help From The Big Guy): Who Will Save Your Soul By Jewel




When problems comes knocking on your door, it's like junk mail which just overwhelms you. Sometimes you gets so desperate that you wonder how you're going to get out of this mess. You'd even go so far as to wish that someone would bail you out. Even when you hope against hope, deep inside you know what the answer is. When it comes to seeking relief or salvation, Jewel's song "Who Will Save Your Soul" comes to mind.

It would be nice to just wish all the crap away so that life would be sweet but unfortunately it won't happen. Even if some help came by, its your battle and you have to face whether you like it or not. For me, I'm a firm believer in saying "God Helps Those Who Help Themselves". I do what I can as hard as I can these days. I just hope the Big Guy gives me a boost to carry me through these tough times.

In the end, you won't be saved unless you make an effort to do so. Salvation doesn't fall from the sky and you do what you can. As for me, all I ask is that things would be better and am trying hard to make it so. I know the Big Guy is up there somewhere and I hope he takes it easy on me. I'll do what I can but it would sure be great if he'd meet me half-way.

No comments: