Monday, October 6, 2008

The Day's End That Matters: Say A Prayer By Duran Duran



Apart from the battle scene at Agincourt, one of my favorite scenes in Kenneth Branagh's Henry The V is the night before the battle when one soldier mention's that it's not the day's begining but the day's end that worries him. Nowaday's it's what happens at the end that always hangs heavy on my head. Every night, I say a prayer of the things I hope tnough I think I should pray for strength and wisdom to do what has to be done for the day so that it would end peacefully. I guess that's one of the reasons why people sometimes get disappointed when they're prayers don't get answered at the end of the day because we want it so bad that if it hurts when things don't turn out as planned. When I hear Duran Duran's "Say A Prayer", my thoughts always turn to the day's end.

I'll have to admit this is a good song to listen to when you have a lot on your mind and there are things that you want to accomplish where there is a lot at stake. For some reason, it helps me loosen up whenever I feel tense due to the pressures that bore down on me. Apart from that, I always get in a "reflective mood" when this song is being played as I hope for a good ending to the day. The fact that the video was made on a white sandy beach where there were scenes of waves rolling also added more to the relaxing element of the song. I can already feel the cool breeze and smell the salt of the seas when I listen to this tune putting me at ease as the day draws to a close.

Some days end good while others end bad, well, that's life I guess. No matter how you try, some days don't always end well, infact some are terrible from dusk to dawn. Whether a day ends good or bad, at least I know the result at the end. Well for the good days, I say cool and for the bad, I say, there's always tomorrow. No matter what, I'll still say a prayer at the end of the day.

No comments: