Friday, October 24, 2008

Cool Bliss Song: Sultans Of Swing By Dire Straits


With all this reflecting on good times, I often find myself thinking about "Chris The Bliss", who was a good friend of my brothers. He would often hangout at our house and we also hung out at his and it between there were a lot of crazy and funny times we shared with him. There was never a dull moment with him and everytime he was with us, you can bet that we'd be on the floor gasping from too much laughter. One of the best things that he left us was collection of songs that my brothers recorded at his house which he called "Bliss Sounds". Among the songs recorded on that cassette tape was the first song I heard from the band Dire Straits called "Sultans of Swing".

RT's 24K program often played this song which I think is the best of the band. It also reminded me of the good old days when after Karate practice, we would go to the original location of Club Dredd which was first called Red Rocks. We'd get excited as we got nearer to the place and when we got there, we'd enjoy good music and often talked to alot of my collegemates who also came for the beer and good bands. Going back to Chris, the Bliss Man was always had something up his sleeve to make for an exciting evening. Whether it was simply hanging out at home or cruising to a bar or even going to a party, you can expect the evening to be riot with him around.

When he left for the States during the last years of my highschool years, although the parties, gimicks and madcap espades continued, without him, something was missing. To me and I'm for the five of us, Chris, Pok, Ots and their two sisters werer like an extended family to us. To me, they were like an extra set of brothers and with the way we were, you can never have too many brothers not with the escapades we often found ourselves in. Man, I really miss him and his siblings cause we had a not only alot of fun times, but good times as well. I hope one day we see each other again and even if he's changed, that's fine with me cause we shared a lot of great times and with that, there's a bond that will never change.

No comments: