Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One Of The Better Animated Films That I Have Seen: Tears In The Rain By Tia Carrere





Whenever a new animated movie comes to the big screen, it no longer interests me. It's either another one of those insane musicals where the dance numbers drive you nuts or some politically correct film where the hero is so emasculated, you wonder why he's the hero in the first place. It re-affirms the belief that cartoons are for kids. The only cartoon film that I did like was Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm cause for once it the closest thing to a kick-butt animation film that I have seen in a long time. The soundtrack for that movie was Tia Carrere's "Tears In The Rain" by Tia Carrere.

It traces Batman's origins as well as his involvement with the one girl who could've turned his life around. It turns out that the girl's father ran afoul of the mob and as a result, was killed which prompted the girl to don the Phantasm identity. Like a lot of Batman stories, the ending is sad as he once again loses the girl and left heart-broken. My only critique of the film is that they should have put more fight scenes. Still I liked it because Batman was my favorite character and it was refreshing change from all those animal singing-diabetes inducing cartoons that drive me crazy on cable.

These days the stories on cartoons are too politically correct. That's the reason why I prefer anime to american cartoons but even that is now becoming politically correct. It'll be a long time before I see a cool animation film like that again. These days the strong chiseled no-nonsense hero is too offensive for the P.C. crowd. No wonder there are no more heroes anymore.

No comments: