Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Basketball Everywhere: They're Playing Basketball By Kurtis Blow




long with the summer, there's also the season of basketball tournament where every subdivision in the city will probably be launching tournaments which might ugly during the heat of the game. A lot of people will probably think that I'm weird but personally, I hate basketball. Though I never cared much for the sport, when someone would suggest a game, you can bet they'll be playing until sundown. Whenever I hear the song, "They're Playing Basketball" by Kurtis Blow, it reminds me of how crazy people are to the sport as well as the reasons why I don't like it.

To be fair, it's easy why people like this sport because for one, you can play it anywhere so long as you have hoop and a ball and you're set. Secondly, everybody gets a chance not only to play but to score as well. Not only is it a good exercise for losing weight but it also builds stamina and trains every part of the body. I guess the reason why people love the sport is because of the great moves that players do on the court. Even if I'm not a basketball fan, moves made by Bird, Magic, Dr. J, Thomas, Jordan and other legends can make you stop what you're doing watch them do their stuff.

For me, the reason why I got turned off on basketball is because of the way my brothers treated me when they played. They literally turned insane during a game and I got the short end of the stick. It got to the point where I asked myself why am I doing this and quit. Apart from that, I could never watch anything on the tube during basketball season cause I always got out-voted which is something that really pissed me off to this day. Well, to each his own and if they like it and benefit from it, then by all means, play it.

P.S.

Personally, I think basketball is more dangerous than boxing or mma and if you don't believe me, take a look at the way they play around here.

No comments: