Tuesday, October 6, 2009

When Memories Get The Best Of You: Cry By The Sundays






Whenever the weekend rolls and 24K is in the air, the past always comes alive for me. Like I blogged a lot of times, images of yesterday appear before me and start playing like a wide screen movie. The good, the bad and the ugly flash through my mind as each song from the past makes me remember the days of my youth. Even when I'm in the middle of doing something, my trusty mp3 player's fully charged so I don't miss a thing. The thing is when it all collides, it can really get the best of me and it could sure get emotional. That's the feeling I get when I hear the song "Cry" by The Sundays. Remembering the good times you shared with friends as well as the bad times when people you cared for passed away sure can your eyes water. Finally achieving a goal to falling short of expectation can sure spring a leak as well. Whether good times or bad times, they happen during your time and that's what makes it so valuable to you. It varies from person to person, but one thing's for sure and those times were a part of your life. That's it means a lot to you just as it means a lot to me. Sometimes when I see a face from the past, time stops and the music starts playing inside my mind. When we have our say and wave goodbye, deep inside you wish that there was more time to catch and talk some more. When that happens, I often gaze at the sky and wonder how they all are. I guess that's the real reason why I don't attend reunions. The emotion just gets to me and I might just cry.

No comments: