Friday, November 20, 2009

That Sense Of Urgency: Better Be Home Soon By Crowded House




Looking back, we were lucky when we were young because once the weekend came in, we practically free to go where we wanted to go. We'd rock from dusk till dawn and no matter how stewed we were we managed to get back in one piece. These days if one had the chance to go out, it would be hard to shake a lot of things out of one's head even as the party started to roar on its own speed and to the demands and situations at home, you had to get back as early as you can. When I get sense or urgency to head on back while I'm in a party, the song "Better Be Home Soon" by Crowded House.

I know this song is more about a suspicious spouse who thinks his mate is cheating on him. For me, this song reminds me of the edgy feeling I get when I go out these because of the weight that I carry around me. Every time I get chance to go out, I can't help but feel that something might go wrong. Just when things are starting to get interesting, something comes out of the blues and spoils everything. What could have been one of those rare opportunities to unwind would only make me even more tense. It's enough to drive a guy crazy.

It's been a while since I had a good time with good people to share it with. With the "bond" starting to crumble and dark mood that I feel every time I go home, My solace is when the night has come and I close my eyes. I can say that Jack is becoming a dull boy. Well, at least I had my time in the sun and that is enough. When 24K songs begin to play, they all come alive again which brightens up the day for this dreary soul.

No comments: