Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On Taking Care Of My Parents: Trouble Me By 10,000 Maniacs



Since my brothers got married, it's now my duty to watch over my parents. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes it's easy, but despite the lack of rest, I'm okay with it. When people grow older, sometimes they the feeling that they've been passed over and though we don't intend it, for them it hurts. I also realized that back then when I was a child, they were always there and they always stood by us when we were good and even when we were a pain in the butt. So now, it's my turn to do the same for them. When I hear the song "Trouble Me" by the band 10,000 Maniacs, I get reminded of that.

Like I said, it isn't easy because sometimes I get drained from work and I have to attend to their needs when I get home. Be that as it may, I don't regret looking after them, even if sometimes they're hard to get along with. All I want right now is to make sure nothing bad happens to them, especially now that they are getting older. One good I can say about taking care of them is that I have begun to understand them more and thanks to that, we are able to get along better. Sometimes you got to spend more time with people if you want to know them better.

True, there are times when we get on each others' nerves when things get rough, but it's all part of any family relationship. Hopefully this year, things get better and it won't be too hard on my part. One for thing today is my mother's birthday and I wish her more good years to spend QUALITY TIME with us all. For all her virtues and her flaws, she has has always been there for us and now I'll try to be there for her as well as for my dad. Happy Birthday Ma !!!!

No comments: