Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Cool Song That Everybody Can Agree On/Cool Soundtrack That Takes Me Back: On THe Darkside By Gerry Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band



You know one of the dilemnas that people had during a party is what kind of music should you play. Some like to dance, others like to rock and those in between like to just chill. Getting songs that would please all three can really be difficult since each would insist on their own taste. Fortunately, there are some songs out there that would probably please all three. One song I recommend was a soundtrack from the movie "Eddie And The Cruisers" called "On The Darkside" by Gerry Rafferty And The Beaver Brown Band.

The song was about a fictional band whose singer suddenly disappeared. One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when the lead character was performing the song as a ballad and Eddie gave a more rock edge that caught on and became a hit. Whenever I hear this song play on the radio, it really takes me back to the good old days when there was always something going down and the drinks overflowed and was one of the few songs everyone would agree on at a party. The best way to enjoy this song is live in a bar with a cool beer and good cigar. Just sit back, listen and enjoy the music.

You know it's sad that there very few songs like this out there now. Most of the songs that I hear now are all about people who whine about the mistakes they make or about gloom and doom with no substance in it. Everytime I hear these new songs, I wanna shout at the radio and say "Oh Grow UP!!!" I wish we had more music like this again. Thank God for 24K because it's only there that I can listen to good music such as this.

No comments: