Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rare Find About A Fine Girl: Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) By Looking Glass




I really should thank my brother Ding for what he gave me this Christmas. The MP3 player and speaker were great, but more than that, the cool tunes in that player were priceless. It was a big help for me because I got somethig to listen to during the week days when there's no 24K. More than that, he was able to get stuff that I myself forgot about. One of the songs that he gave me is really cool song that 24K rarely plays. That song is "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass.

This is about a bar girl from the a port town who served drinks to sailors and took care of them as came in to wind down. Unfortunately for her, the man she loves chose the seas over and when it's closing time, she walks around thinking about them. This is a cool song that really takes your mind of the chaos of the mess that goes around everyday. It also makes you want to go to your favorite bar and drink you signature drink. This is definitely a good chillout song.

Hearing this song during my brother's Christmas dinner really took my mind away from my holiday apprehension and blues and it together with all the other songs were simply awesome. I can listen to these, plus my other collections all through out the rest of the holiday until 24K weekend rolls in again. They sure don't make music like this anymore. If you'll excuse me, I'll just stock up on the batteries and listen to all my favorite tunes. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

No comments: