Thursday, July 8, 2010

Figure It Out In Due Time: Panahon By Juan Dela Cruz




It sure stinks when things are just starting to work out well only to have something happen and then things start falling apart. As I have blogged in recent entries, right now we're still adjusting to a lot of things after my father passed away and as we are doing what we can to cope, I can't help but feel disappointed because a lot of things that I wanted to be and do in life never came about. I prayed for the safety of my family and to have this as the answer sure sent me crashing. Despite all the difficulty that we're having, kind people do reassure me that things will get better in due time. Hearing that reminds me of the song "Panahon" by Juan Dela Cruz.

I use to listen to this song during those down periods in my life when I was down in the dumps. When listening to it, I also remember Henry Bergson's "Shipwreck Theory" that these things will pass and you just need to be strong. Right now with all the bad things happening, I try my best to hold my ground against and keep my head on my shoulders as I face the weight of my responsibilities. It doesn't help when the could'ves and would'ves from the past enter my thoughts which tempts me to acknowledge my regrets. All I know is that I didn't live this long to give up and so I soldier on.

What's in the past is past and so I must concentrate on the present to ensure that future will be good. I take comfort when I remember my brother telling me that I am my father's son because it gives me strength to carry on. Apart from that, I am putting to play things I can do to help as well as using any and all possible resources that are within my reach. I just hope things get better soon. In the meantime, I'll figure out what else I need to do to achieve it.

No comments: