Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cool James Bond Song: The Spy Who Loved Me By Carly Simon




One of my favorite James Bond movies when I was growing up was "The Spy Who Loved Me". It was one of Rodger Moore's better Bond films. It also introduced a lot of hi-tech gadgets and my favorite was the car whose design was one of the coolest that I have seen when I was young. That's what's to be expected from the man. Whether it's his gadgets, his skills or his moves, he does it in such a way that everyone else who tries would look like a fool. Carly Simon sums it up best in the soundtrack of the movie with the same title.

This song bests sums up what James Bond is all about. Who else could save the world, beat the bad guys, gets the girl while looking so cool but 007. Even in the tighest fix, he always manages to come through and thwart the bad guys. This movie also has one of my favorite bond villains: Jaws. He was the only bond villain that got to be featured in two films: This one and Moonraker. I also like the part when the navy breaks out starts blasting away at the guards and make their escape from the oil tanker which was really cool.

Although I'm not that much of a Bond fan as I was when I was younger, I have to admit he's still one of the coolest action characters out there. Even in this age of political correctness, his charm never fails mesmerize the women which is why we guys are so envious. A person that cool is very hard to bring to real life and we could only bring be like him to a certain degree. Anyone of us who tries would look like a fool in the end. The reason for this is that no one can do it the way Bond does.

No comments: