Thursday, September 25, 2008

When You've Finally Gotten Over It: Stop Your Sobbing



A few days ago, somebody told me that alot of my entries were about my bad periods. He was worried that I had been affected by too much "negative energy" caused by the things around me. Hearing him say that made me realize that it's time to do something about my situation. True, when we're hit hard by bad times, it hurts so much that we are paralyzed into inaction, yet we can't stay that way forever and must make a choice to be consumed by grief or get back on our feet and start over. I guess this is the reason why I like listening to "Stop Your Sobbing" by the Pretenders.

This is one of my favorite Pretenders song and helps me get over bad day whenever I hear it. When something bad happens, we all need some space to express our grief and anger because it's too painful keep inside, especially when something so special or important to us has been desecrated or violated. Be that as it may, we can't remain curled up like a ball in our rooms forever. Sometimes we have to work through the pain to make bad things good again. It's okay to cry because even strong people do that, but eventually, we have to get up get it together which is what strong people do afterwards.

I've had my share of bad hits from time to time and some of those hits still have wounds that bleed from time to time. But through out the years, I've learned to get up when I could and get back to the game. I had a hard time getting into this world which is a reminder that I should be thankful that I'm alive and that means I won't let these bad times beat me. Like I've said in my past entries, "tough times don't last but tough people do" and that's what I intend to do. It's all water under the bridge so get a move because tomorrow will be better.

No comments: