Remember those metal days when people rocked to the sounds of really loud bands?  The long and big hair with the leathers and spandex and gothic jewelry to boot?  Despite the theatrics the music spoke for itself.  Whenever I listen to a metal or hard rock song today it takes me back to those great times when partied all night till the break of day.  One song that takes me back is Krokus' "Burning Up The Night".

I remember the good old days when me and my friends use to walk around the corridors.  Some wore leather jackets whiles others had those medieval or gothic necklaces or rings that rockers would wear and of course the long hair  When the night came it was different matter, especially on a weekend at Red Rock (now Club Dredd).  That's where we dressed up in our most outrageous outfit as the bands blew out our eardrums with cover songs from great metal and hard rock legends.  We partied till it was closing time and staggered our way home.

Those were the days.  Nowadays I don't even know who the new acts are.  Music wise I now stick to the classics.  My hair is now short and my beard thinly trimmed as the leather jacket that I clean every now and then still hangs in my closet.  But the sounds still rock me (thanks to Ipods and youtube on the internet).  They remind me of the great times when we burned up the nights with hard and heavy tunes.