Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Is It All About: Alfie Theme Song




One of my favorite parts of the 1960s film "Alfie" was the last part where Micheal Caine's character delivers a monologue asking what's it all about. He concludes that even though you got everything materially, if you don't have peace of mind, you don't have anything. That scene really had a deep impression on me, especially when I'm struggling with a lot of things. And I'm not alone as a lot of people these are wondering what is it you need to find that peace of mind that gives meaning to one's life. When it comes to asking and answering that question, the movie's soundtrack of the same name comes to mind.

As I get older and still find myself struggling with a lot of old as well new issues, that question hangs heavily in my mind. I should be at that point, where I have it figured out or at least got a grip on my life, but sadly I haven't. The worst part about is I can feel that I've been past over by time and that I've got to make do with what I can find or get. Still, I can't get any satisfaction and as I see my friends reach that point of settling down, I find myself longing for the same. Even the wildest parties or escaping to some exotic island can't erase this thought which has now grown stronger as I grow older.

I wish find some kind of stability in my life, specially now that I feel that my time has passed me by. Still I find there are others who are better off than me still asking the same question. I guess it doesn't matter whether one is rich or poor, married or single these days as we find asking the same question. Well as I continue my daily struggle, one I hope to find the answer or at least feel it. So the question what's it all about is something I have to figure out myself in the end.

No comments: