Saturday, January 16, 2010

Always Feel Like A Beat-Up Detective: Peter Gunn




It is a noble gesture when people go out of their way to help others out. The problem is that when you try to extend your hand, your arm nearly gets ripped off in the process. What you think is a simple task suddenly blows up in your face as more problems start to pile up, leaving you physically and mentally drained. In short when sometimes those who try to help out are sometimes the ones who get beat up and chewed-out in the process. Every time I hear the Art Of Noise's version of the "Peter Gunn Theme", it reminds me of those times when I help out only to get my butt kicked in the process like some detective in a cheap mystery novel.

It started yesterday when someone in my family asked for my help which I obliged which I thought would be a simple routine, until another person also needed my assistance which I whole-heartedly gave. Unfortunately, every time he needs something, things start to go awry which starts to take its toll on me physically and mentally. Good thing my brother came to my aid and helped me figure things out and we both got the job done. Though I have to admit I was a little teed off because I really wanted to help and every time that guy needed assistance, something is bound to go wrong and the house goes BOOM!

I still believe in helping others when they are in need. The problem is that you really get beat-up in the process and a lot is taken out of you. It's to think those who want to help are the ones who get worse of it. Still, someone has to do it even it does stink. Better it get done or you'll never hear the end of it which is worse.

No comments: