Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kumite Song: One Hit To The Body By The Rolling Stones



Man, with all the stressful developments that keep popping up at work and at home, I'm really missing martial arts training more and more. True I still get to workk out, but sometimes, I feel like I need something more. Back then martial arts and weights complemented each other because you got both power and technique complementing each other. Thee best part as I've blogged before is the "kunite" or sparring where you get hit somebody and really get all that stress out of your system. One such song which describes my eagerness when sparring time starts is "One Hit To The Body" by The Rolling Stones.

Like a lot of metal song, this one gives me an adrenaline rush whenever I hear it. Whenever that happens, I get all psyched up for the match. As fist and feet start to fly and shouts and thuds of punches and kicks fill the dojo air, I get lost in the feeling of the match and that happens I feel really hyped as I try to outscore my opponent. Man, the rush and the joy that I feel from a sparring match is the best way to expel all that negative vibes out of one's system. Even when the session is is over and your body's all bruised, you feel pretty good as you shower up and head home.

It's been a long time since I felt that adrenaline rush and with the way things are I wonder if I'll ever feel it again. Even if it hurts afterwards, it feels good to really test yourself against someone else and see apprehenssion change to aggression. When the first punch lands, the fear disappears and you charge for the kill and man that feels good. I hope one day I get to do that again when things get a little organized again. There's nothing like getting one hit to the body to knock the stage fright away and let the beast out of the cage.

Rolling Stones One Hit to the Body

No comments: