Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hustle And Bustle: Analog Kid By Rush



Man, I'm glad this week is over and some of the issues have been resolved that left me and others in a cliffhanger situaiton. Nevertheless, what I went through left a bad taste in my mouth and and a thorn in my side which means I better be ready for anything. It's bad enough I've been rushing hear and there to get things done and just when I thought there's some breathing space, here it comes again. To say that I'm stressed out is an understatement and on top of that, I have to deal with a very bad development in a thankless and dead end situation that take's alot out of me physically, mentally and emotionally. Anxiety and stress with no rest plus a pounding chest is how I see myself at present like the song "Analog Kid" by Rush.


When I was I would listen to this song with my brothers as we enjoyed brews and "fat ones" and let our imagination fly. The powerful guiter riffs, drum beat and the lead singer's voice really takes your mind to another dimension. Nowadays, this song best describe the stress that I'm feeling for the past eight years. What really gets me with this song are the lyrics about too many hands, feelings and things on my mind which is very true at the moment as well as leaving something behind and what one hopes to find. It reminds of that choice between a good but faint possibility or dreary sure thing.

Though I'm relieved that some of the pressure is off, I'm on my guard just in case it goes up again cause right now I can't tell what will happen. Whatever happens, I better make preparations to ensure things don't fall apart again. If it does, it'll break my heart. Just because I survive a bad experience that doesn't mean I want to go through it again. I'll just play it by ear and ride the waves when they rise and when things calm down, I hope to listen to this song the way me and my brothers use to do with beer and "fat ones".

No comments: