Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Armani Suites, Classy Bars:And Lonely People: Only The Lonely By The Motels



I'll have to admit, lately I long for the days when I would go out with my friends and brothers to have a few drinks and enjoy good music together. With so many things to think about and deal with, all I'm left with is the memory of those good times. Hell, I have to admit, there are times when I wish could go to a classy joint, wearing a coat, tie and a fedora and listen to gorgeous lady singing the blues with a glass of whisky on the table and a good to boot. I guess it's only elegant way to spend the evening. And when this thought comes to mind, I request for the song "Only The Lonely" by the Motels.

Sadness and elegance are the words that best describe this song when I hear it on 24K. Everytime I listen to this song, I feel like I've stepped back to the 30's or 40's where such style of clothes were a the trend of the times. When I saw the video of the song, I guess was correct in terms of the setting as well as the mood. The way Martha Davis was dressed up in the song, I would have pictured the singer in my fantasy in the same style. I can't help but illustrate and interprete this song in this manner because of the classy aura that I feel when I hear it.

With the way things are, I'll be lucky if I can enjoy a beer in peace in my room since soaring prices have not given me the opportunity to enjoy such luxury. True, some good music along with a few brews and good people to enjoy them with will do just fine. Still, it's good to be exposed to others things as well. It makes you well-rounded and broadens your horizon. Who knows, one day, if God allows it, I might be able to have that chance.

No comments: