Monday, April 15, 2013

Meaning Will Depend On The Listener: Riddle By Nik Kershaw


One of the reasons why I chose a certain song to go with my post is because that particular song either helps set the mood for the message of the post or in some cases helps me recall a certain person or a certain moment in my life.  Other times it describes certain feelings or my state of mind.  That said, there are times when the meaning of a song can be subjective.  In the end it depends on the listener what the song's meaning is. One complex song that can stir debate as to its meaning is Nik Kershaw's "The Riddle".

I have listened to it a lot and it's a good song. When you look at the lyrics, Nik sure threw in a lot of words that had some Biblical weight, prompting people to wonder what the song meant. From what I read from Wikepedia, Nick said something about some rambling that he just added to the song.  Still those lyrics were deep enough to make people.  Sometimes it's surprising why they chose those lyrics in the first place.

I never claim to be music expert and I just chose songs that I believe reflect what my post is about.  Everyone has their on take on a song as some like it and some don't.  As for this song, I leave it up to the listenenr to decide. What it means will depend on them.  No matter what the meaning, this song is still pretty good to me.



No comments: