Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Is Upon Us Again: What Are You Doing On New Year's Eve By Nancy Wilkson


Well it's the second half of the holiday festivities.  Everybody is once again going crazy as they make preparations for New Year's Eve.  Some have brought stacks of fireworks and firecrackers while others are stacking up the ham , fruits and all the goodies to welcome 2013.  As for me, I'm not in celebratory mood and all I want is to get this all over with and be done with it.  Unlike Nancy Wilson's song "What Are You doing On New Year's Eve", I just want to mind my own business and can't wait to get back to work.

Can't wait to get back to work.  I don't believe I said that but with all the mounting problems and no solutions in site, I'm not going to hold my breath for a miracle.  It's not that I don't believe in miracles anymore but after debacle on Christmas Day, my mood for the holidays already dissipated.  Nothing good happened and Christmas was not even spared.  Right I feel like those sisters who burned in the song "Tea In The Sahara".  Help didn't come when we need it the most.

Well some vacation this turned out to be.  The miracle bullet and once again I was made to accept the unacceptable.  All I can say  that I am so upset.  I'm going to be a little bit more realistic this year.  At   least that way I won't be let down too hard.  As for New Year's Eve, I just want it over and done with.

No comments: