Sunday, November 25, 2012

First Rock Song That Made Me Want To Rock: Tayo'y Mag-Rock And Roll By Maria


I remember the first time I heard of Pinoy Rock or rock music written and performed by Filipino bands with locally written lyrics was from my brother.  I remember he pasted the wall of his room with cut-outs of Pinoy bands and their logos that he got from music magazines.  One of the earliest songs that I heard from that genre was from the band Maria Cafra.  One of their songs was one of my first favorite Pinoy Rock songs,  That song was "Tayo'y Mag-Rock And Roll".

The songs message was simple:  Forget your blues and let's rock!  It was a very uplifting sound and it was great for chasing the blues away.  First time this caught my ear, I was hooked and I kept playing this song again and again.  The only person that didn't approve of this song was tutor and she wonder why a kid my age was listening to this music.  The answer was simple:  It rocks!  Since it rocks, it a cool song and that's that.

I'm really glad that YouTube posted this song.  I've missed listening to it for such a long time.  I thinks I'll be repeating it again and again for tonight.  That's a sign that it's a good song.  Especially when you just rock and rock hard.


No comments: