Sunday, August 1, 2010

You Guess What's Going Down When You Hear This Song: Smoke On The Water By Deep Purple




For those of you who have read my past entries, you can tell me and my brothers had our fair share of mischief when we were young. Whether it was wrecking our toys in war play or when our pals came over for a weekend meet, it was always on the wild side. Once the party started, it wouldn't take long for some bottles and people rolling on the flow. Whether it was a brew or a herb, someone was bound to drop out unconscious in the middle of it all. Those were the days all right when we can still hold for a while before we dropped. One song that was sure to be played during those times was Deep Purple's "Smoke On The Water".

This was based on the incident where a night club that band was suppose to play in got burned down and if I remember right, the description of the fire that people were putting out at the time. During our time, this was when the party or the get-together was already at its high mark and once lit, something inside was bound blow up. By then, either someone was already slump in his chair or heading to the toilet while trying to keep it in. The next day, you struggled to wake up and with your head spinning and your gut heaving. It'll take until lunchtime to get things together.

Ah, those were the old days when we partied all night. Today, however, is a different story. A lot of us are now health conscious and are not as strong as we use to be. Heck, every time I go to a party, I'm ready to call it a day after a few swigs. I guess it's a sign that I'm getting old. Oh well, I guess time to move on.

No comments: