Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bittersweet/They Go Hand In Hand: Good Times By Eddie Brickell




Whenever 24K tunes start to fill the airwaves, I can't help but sit down and listen. Apart from the great music, my mind becomes a flat screen and the memories start to unfold before my eyes. Once it starts, I begin to see the good times and the bad times start to play out on the screen and as much as I want to only remember the good times, I have to accept the bad times that have happened as well. You can't have one without the other because they are a part of you whether you like it or not. Keeping that in mind, it reminds me of the song "Good Times" by Eddie Brickell.

This is one of those good chill-out songs one would listen to at the end of the day. When both good and bad memories flood your mind, you really need to take some time to take things in perspective. You need to take a deep breath and accept that it happened and there's no going back to change it. Still, if one listens to good song like this while remembering the best and the worst of times makes it a lot more easier. You can say it's a good substitute for a brew or a herb.

Whether it was good or bad, it will always be apart of you. Knowing that you just have to accept it and move on. When you do accept it, it makes things a lot more easier like eating a pizza with meat and pepperoni as well as the anchovies. I guess that's what you call bittersweet when the good and the bad go hand in hand when it comes to memories. Just accept and chill out with the tune.

No comments: