Monday, August 10, 2009

So Far I Don't See It: Change Of Heart By Cindy Lauper



For this entry, it's going to a difficult one for me because I don't want to come off as a high and mighty self-righteous lout. The reason for this is because as I have said before, I'm still cleaning my own mess and I feel I don't have the right to criticize others. Still when offenders are unrepentant, it's something that you just can't ignore. The problem with forgiving people is they don't forgive themselves and when that happens they're going to do it again. Thinking about this issue made me remember Cindy Lauper's song "Change Of Heart".

From what I gather, someone got pardoned for their stupid outburst and yesterday the gang was all here. Someone here pleaded with me to talk to the oaf to patch things up. Right now, I am keeping my distance and the least that I am doing keeping out of the jerk's way out of respect for the people here and to keep the peace. The reason why I'm not giving in to this request is because last night I observed the jerk and once again he's back to his old habits of hogging and sloppy routine. Now I hear they'll be here every weekend and I guess we have to bear with this which is something I am not happy with.

Forgiveness is a virtue, but lately it is an abused virtue to the point that people give too much sympathy for the devil. I guess that's why I veer more towards the right lately. If you want forgiveness, you better first correct bad habits that piss people off to earn it. The fact that so many people get off easy is starting to get to me. If you want redemption, you have to show that you're worth it and quite frankly, I still don't see any changes.

No comments: