Saturday, February 21, 2009

Something More Meaningful: Higher Love By Steve Winwood



Finding love isn't always enough for some people. They need to know if this love is strong or is it just for the moment cause if it is the latter, then it's not worth it. When people are searching for love, they want something with meaning not blind love that just rushes in only to regret it latter on. It really has to touch you in some way if it is truly special. I got that idea from the song "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood.

I remember when this song came from during the late '80s which was one of my favorites in college. Apart from a good song to listen to with your buddies, it makes you if there more to life out there. I sometime think that I get cast into a rigid environment that everything feels so stiff. I also don't go for shallow dates with people I don't know, let alone whose company I'm not comfortable with. When I hear this song, I get the feeling there's this really cool atmosphere around me where everything and everyone is all right and when I feel that then I know I've found that higher love.

Right now I've got alot of things to deal which makes people think I don't care about higher love. On the contrary, I do and I try to put a little of it in my everyday routine. I guess when you spread the love around, you can tell that the quality becomes higher. At present, I'm content witht the love that I get from friends and family because I know that kind of love is always the real deal. Hopefully, I find that kind of love of the highest state where everything is enveloped by it. There is higher love and one day it will conquer all.

No comments: